This Is A Moisturizer, But I Use It For Other Purpose


Well, I think everyone has a product that uses for something other than intended. If not, I know I have one - and it's a good one! Shout out to my boyfriend because if it wasn't him I wasn't talking about this product right now. Keep reading to see how I use it!

Bem, eu acho que toda a gente tem um produto que é suposto ser utilizado de uma maneira mas utiliza de outra. Se não, eu sei que tenho um - e é um dos bons! E foi graças ao meu namorado, se não fosse ele eu não estava a falar acerca deste produto agora. Continua a ler para veres como eu o utilizo!


Let me tell you how this product ended up on my bathroom. Some months ago I started seeing people raving about the L'Oréal Hydra Genius Liquid Moisturizer, and I really wanted to get it but I decided to wait until I used up the other moisturizer that I had. Days after seeing this moisturizer my boyfriend and I were shopping and he said he wanted an inexpensive moisturizer because his skin was very dry at the moment, so I told him that this one had really good reviews. He bought this moisturizer for his skin type (normal to dry) and started using it.

Deixa-me dizer-te como é que este produto foi parar à minha casa de banho. Há alguns meses atrás comecei a ver reviews acerca do L'Oréal Hydra Genius Liquid Moisturizer e toda a gente o adorava, obviamente fiquei com vontade de o comprar já que é tão barato mas decidi esperar até o que eu estava a utilizar de momento acabasse. Dias depois de ver estas reviews eu e o meu namorado estávamos nas compras e ele disse que queria um creme hidratante baratinho porque a pele dele estava muito seca, e eu falei-lhe deste da L'Óreal que tinha muito boas reviews. Ele comprou-o para o seu tipo de pele (normal a seco) e começou a utilizá-lo.

One day I had just finished waxing my eyebrows and my skin was very irritated and itchy and I wanted something to calm down the redness. I went to the bathroom, I looked at his moisturizer and I realized that it contains Aloé Vera - which is very good to calm down the skin - and I decided to apply it on the waxed areas. GIRL, it was the best thing that I did. When I wax my eyebrows the skin becomes so red and itchy and little pimples start to show up and they stay for almost a week, but when I applied this moisturizer... after five minutes the redness stopped, the itchiness stopped, my skin was feeling hydrated and fresh and at the end of the day I didn't had any little pimples! Since this discovery every time I wax my eyebrows I steal a little bit of this moisturizer to apply on my face. It really makes a difference. Makes a difference on my skin and on the bottle, my boyfriend is starting to notice that the product is getting lower faster than he expected ahaha, but I know he doesn't mind! I really need to buy one for my skin type to apply all over my face, if this one that isn't the right one does wonders imagine the one for oily skin!

Um dia eu tinha mesmo acabado de depilar as sobrancelhas com cera e a minha pele estava muito vermelha e estava a dar-me comichão e por isso fui à procura de algo que acalmasse a vermelhidão. Fui à casa de banho, olhei para o creme hidrantante do boy e li que continha Aloé Vera - que é muito bom para acalmar a pele -  e então decidi aplicá-lo nas áreas depiladas. MULHER, foi a melhor coisa que fiz. Quando eu faço depilação a cera nas sobrancelhas a pele fica tão vermelha e comichosa e borbulhinhas pequenas começam a aparecer e só se vão embora passada quase uma semana, mas quando eu apliquei este creme hidratante... cinco minutos depois a vermelhidão passou, a comichão passou, a minha pele estava hidratada e fresca e ao fim do dia eu não tinha borbulhinhas nenhumas! Desde esta descoberta que cada vez que depilo as sobrancelhas a cera vou roubar um pouco deste creme hidratante para aplicar no meu rosto. Faz realmente muita diferença. Faz diferença na minha pele e na embalagem, o meu namorado já começou a reparar que o produto está a descer mais rápido do que ele esperava ahaha, mas eu sei que ele não se importa! Realmente preciso de comprar um adequado ao meu tipo de pele para aplicar no rosto todo, se este que não é o mais adequado já faz maravilhas imagina o que o para pele oleosa irá fazer!

I'm curious, do you have any product that you use for something other than intended?

Estou curiosa, tens algum produto que utilizes para outra coisa sem ser o pretendido?

22 comments

  1. Ah this is so clever, sounds like a fab product and you can always rely on aloe vera to cool and smooth the skin.

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's amazing I just need to buy it for my skin type!

      Delete
  2. That is brilliant you found another use for this moisturizer! I love it when a product can be used for multiple purposes!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to try this product now. I heard so much good already.
    Have a nice weekend.

    Love, Esther
    https://lifestyle-tale.com/en/beauty-summer-products-i-loved-this-season/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you need, it's amazing! Thank you, hope your weekend was great too sweet!

      Delete
  4. This product sounds very much like my Vichy serum !
    https://afrenchgirlsthoughts.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Do you wax your own brows? I'm curious about how you do it, I usually pay to get mine done every few months but it would save me loads of time and money to do it at home!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do it myself :) I used to pay to get them done but I don't like the way my brows were looking, I haven't found the right person yet. So I started doing it at home, I do them with wax strips and tweezers :)

      Delete
  6. I don't believe I have a beauty product which I intentionally misuse, but I always love versatile products, and this product sounds really lovely. Aloe Vera always does an amazing job at soothing the skin!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to buy a cream just with aloe vera, it would be amazing!

      Delete
  7. That's an interesting observation! I often use face oils for my neck and decolletage - works like magic xx

    Naya // www.partyparrotblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fantastic. I love discovering that products have multi-uses. Its always good to have something on hand that is skin soothing because you just never know when you might need it xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete