My Makeup Routine For Autumn - Back To Basics


I'm going to be honest - I love wearing a full face of makeup, but on an every day basis I don't have time for that. I used to wake up very early to do a full face, but I decided that this Autumn I will keep my makeup simple, fresh and autumnal. It's going to be an easy to do makeup look that might just need 30 minutes to do. If you want to see in details my makeup routine for this season, keep reading!

Vou ser honesta - adoro uma full face of makeup, mas no dia-a-dia não tenho tempo para isso. Eu costumava acordar muito cedo para poder maquilhar o rosto todo, mas decidi que neste Outono vou optar por maquilhar-me de forma simples, fresca e outonal. Vai ser uma maquilhagem fácil de fazer que talvez só roube 30 minutos do pouco tempo que tenho de manhã. Se queres ver em detalhe a minha rotina de maquilhagem para esta estação, continua a ler!




Before anything else I apply my skincare products to make sure my skin is cleaned, hydrated and well prepared to receive the makeup that I'm going to put on my face. After that I need to prime. My skin is oily and I don't want any shine peeking through - the only product that keeps me really matte is the Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer, so that's the primer I'm going to use a ton! If I need to smooth my skin (especially the cheeks) I'll use the Smoothing Primer by Make Up For Ever as well. I'll skip foundation because it takes too much time to blend and currently the foundations that I have don't match me very well because I have a tan. Instead I'll use concealer in my problem areas (cheeks, nose, chin and a bit on the forehead) - the one that I chose for now is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. It has medium coverage, it's great to use on other areas besides under the eyes and it's long lasting. Under the eyes I won't use the same concealer as I like more coverage, and I'll be reaching for.... Tarte Shape Tape Concealer! Of course! Now it's time to set the liquids. As the weather is colder and I won't sweat I'll use my Wet n Wild Photo Focus Pressed Powder - keeps me matte throughout the day but gives a satin healthy finish to the skin. The cheeks are screaming for color! This season I want to put aside my MAC Blushbaby Blush and use more pink and darker colors. I haven't used the Too Faced Flush Blush in Justify My Love for a while as well as the NARS Blush in Torrid, so I'll use them more. When I want to use darker colors I'll reach for my Tarte Big Blush Book 3 (I didn't even hauled it yet so sneak peek!) that has some dark colors, and for other blush palette that I bought for my birthday (will show you when it arrives). I can't go out without applying highlighter and MAC Soft & Gentle Highlighter will give me the perfect glow! I'm not a person to stick to just one but I really want to use this one more often and when I want to wear other highlighter I'll reach for the Tarte Pro Glow to Go Highlight & Contour Palette or the Tarte Exposed Highlighter. For the face that's it, now let's move onto eyebrows. I want my brows to look natural and I only can achieve that by using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz because I can draw little strokes very precisely and very quickly. For the eyes I'm going to keep things very very simple and I'm only going to use mascara. I chose the Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara because I always tend to reach for the same mascaras and this one is very good to be left in a corner. Gives a lot of volume and length and makes my lashes veeery black! The makeup isn't complete without lipstick. For Autumn I will reach for darker nudes, berries and some other bold colors. One lipstick that I know I'm going to use a lot is the Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick in Berry Recognize. Finally to make sure the makeup that I applied stays all day on my face I'll spray some Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. And that's going to be my makeup routine for Autumn!

Antes de mais nada eu aplico os meus produtos de cuidado de rosto para ter a certeza que a minha pele está limpa, hidratada e bem preparada para receber a maquilhagem que vou aplicar no meu rosto. Depois disso preciso de aplicar um primer. A minha pele é oleosa e quero manter os óleos o mais longe possível dela - o único produto que faz com que a minha pele fique mesmo matte é o Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer da Make Up For Ever, por isso é este o primer que vou utilizar muito! Se a minha pele precisar de um primer alisante (especialmente a zona das bochechas) irei utilizar o Smoothing Primer também da Make Up For Ever. Não vou utilizar base porque demoro muito a aplicá-la e atualmente nenhuma das que eu tenho é a minha cor certa porque estou mais bronzeada. Em vez da base vou utilizar corretor nas minhas áreas problemáticas (bochechas, nariz, queixo e um pouco na testa) - o que escolhi por agora é o Fit Me da Maybelline . Tem cobertura média, é excelente para utilizar noutras áreas sem ser na zona das olheiras e tem longa duração. Na zona das olheiras não vou utilizar o mesmo corretor porque nesta zona gosto de mais cobertura, e o que vou utilizar é o... Shape Tape da Tarte! Claro! Agora é altura de fixar os líquidos. Como o tempo é mais frio e não vou suar vou utilizar o Photo Focus Pressed Powder da Wet n Wild  - mantém-me matte ao longo do dia mas dá um acabamento acetinado saudável à pele. As bochechas estão a gritar por cor! Nesta estação quero deixar de lado o meu Blushbaby da MAC para utilizar tons rosa e outros tons escuros. Já não utilizo o Too Faced Flush Blush na cor Justify My Love há algum tempo bem como o NARS Blush na cor Torrid, por isso vou utilizá-los mais. Quando eu quiser utilizar tons mais escuros vou optar pelo Big Blush Book 3 da Tarte (ainda nem o mostrei num haul por isso sneak peek!) que tem alguns tons escuros, e por outra paleta que comprei como prenda de mim para mim no meu aniversário (mostro quando chegar). Não consigo sair de casa sem aplicar iluminador e o Soft & Gentle da MAC vai dar-me o glow perfeito! Não sou pessoa de utilizar apenas um mas quero mesmo utilizar este mais frequentemente e quando quiser utilizar outro vai ser a Pro Glow to Go Highlight & Contour Palette da Tarte ou Exposed também da Tarte. Para o rosto são estes os produtinhos, agora vamos para as sobrancelhas. Eu quero que as minhas sobrancelhas estejam o mais natural possível e só consigo que elas fiquem assim se utilizar o Brow Wiz da Anastasia Beverly Hills porque consigo desenhar pequenos traços fininhos com bastante precisão e rapidez. Para os olhos vou manter as coisas muito muito simples e só vou utilizar máscara de pestanas. Escolhi a Monsieur Big da Lancôme porque tenho sempre tendência a utilizar as mesmas e esta é boa demais para estar encostada num canto. Dá bastante volume e comprimento e faz com que as minhas pestanas fiquem muuuito pretas! A maquilhagem não está completa sem batom. Para o Outono vou usar e abusar de nudes escuros, tons cereja e outros tons mais escuros. Um batom que eu sei que vou utilizar bastante é o Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick na cor Berry Recognize. Finalmente para ter a certeza que a maquilhagem que eu apliquei dura todo o dia vou aplicar um pouco muito do All Nighter Setting Spray da Urban Decay. E esta vai ser a minha rotina de maquilhagem para o Outono!

Which products are you going to use on Autumn? Are you keeping your makeup very natural or full glam?

Que produtos vais utilizar no Outono? Vais manter a tua maquilhagem muito natural ou glamour total?

27 comments

  1. No Outono é quando volto a ter paciência para a maquilhagem! Com o verão deixo de ter paciência para eyeliner, sombras e bases mas no outono regressa a full face!

    Marta Rodrigues, Majestic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Só não gosto de usar uma full face no Outono porque como estou bronzeada nenhuma das minhas bases é a minha cor certa, por isso mantenho-me pelo corretor. Quando chegar o Inverno vou estar bem branquinha e assim consigo utilizar as minhas bases :)

      Delete
  2. sinceramente, começo a não gostar ver uma full face of makeup... gosto de ver maquilhagens leves e descretas que facam sobressair as nossas melhores features ;)

    TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eu costumava adorar full face, pensava que eu só ficava bem com maquilhagem se usasse uma full face. Mas graças a deus já percebi que não é bem assim.

      Delete
  3. Love Soft and Gentle! I've been skipping foundation some days as well, I can't be bothered with it haha

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need more MAC highlighters! Omg foundation takes too much time to blend lol!

      Delete
  4. Olá!
    Também sou açoriana, da Ilha Graciosa. :)
    Podes dizer-me em que lojas online compras os teus produtos de maquilhagem?
    Muito sucesso para o blog :)
    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Que bom uma açoreana! Ui tanta loja que tenho para te dizer. Compro na Sephora aqui de Portugal e faço encomenda por telefone, nos sites Beautybay, Cultbeauty, Selfridges, Tarte, El Corte Inglés Espanha, Anastasia Beverly Hills UK, Feelunique e Lookfantastic. Acho que não me estou a esquecer de nenhum ahaha.
      Muito obrigada e beijinhos!

      Delete
  5. I love wearing a full face of makeup too, but I really need to start toning it down! I love Soft and Gentle, it is such a pretty colour xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I didn't bought this highlighter sooner!

      Delete
  6. I really want to pick up a Mac highlighter. I've only used their eyeshadows. Makeup Forever is another brand I haven't tried. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to buy more MAC highlighters too! Definitely try some products from Make Up For Ever, they are an amazing brand!

      Delete
  7. These photos are seriously stunning!! I used a sample of the Lancome mascara a while ago and loved it xx

    Lauren - itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet! This mascara is very good!

      Delete
  8. Some fabulous products here, plus some I need to check out. Thank you for sharing!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soft and Gentle is one of my favourite highlighters to ever exist! So pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous! I need more MAC highlighters for sure xx

      Delete
  10. Ah I love your routine, that MAC highlighter is one of my all time favourites!!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet! Yes this highlighter is freakin stunning!

      Delete
  11. I love the Brow Wiz for a quick and easy makeup look :) MAC Soft and Gentle is also such a classic!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually need to repurchase Brow Wiz, it's totally empty :(

      Delete